How does nature actually work? We simulate pattern formation in living systems, model the process of gene expression and cell differentiation, the dynamics of the immune system responding to an infection and show how structures emerge due to the increase(!) of entropy.
- experimental methods (Cryo-EM, AFM, Super Resolution)
- entropy and maximum entropy systems
- micro states and macro states
- non linear dynamics in living systems (regulation, feedback loops, stability)
- single particle dynamics (from the Poissonian stepper to the Fokker-Planck equation)
- reaction diffusion and pattern formation